Trump spent January to mid March lying to his supporters and using his administration to mislead the American public. Most of it was BS and blaming the Democrats with his latest ‘hoax’ rhetoric. But of course he threw blame at China as well.
And of course he blamed Obama for creating rules that got in his way of helping America. This is utter, total BS. The rules he was referring to from the Obama administration were never put in place AND, those rules were designed to increase safety, but it was later decided they also could get in the way of effective response, so they dropped the rules.
In other words, as usual, Trumps mouth is a BS factory. The problem now is that his BS will result in killing more Americans due to his horrible performance and total lack of intelligence on this issue. Well, it’s not the first time he exemplified his inability to understand reality… and it won’t be his last.
Trump began tweeting/communicating on Coronavirus on January 24, 2020:
- Jan. 21, “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”
- Jan. 24, he tweeted, “It will all work out well.”
- Jan. 28, he retweeted a headline from One America News, an outlet with a history of spreading false conspiracy theories: “Johnson & Johnson to create coronavirus vaccine.”
- Jan. 30, during a speech in Michigan, he said: “We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully.”
- Feb. 2, “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
- Mar. 6, “They made some decisions which were not good decisions. We inherited decisions that they made, and that’s fine. We undid…” [Note: Trump ‘undid’ nothing.]
- Feb. 10, “Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
- Feb 13, repeat of above statement
- Feb, 14 repeat of above statement,
- Feb, 19, repeat of above statement
- Feb 25, “We’re very close to a vaccine.”
- Feb 25, Trying to diminish COVID-19 Trump said: “The level of death with Ebola — you know, at the time, it was a virtual 100 percent.” [Note: death rate for Ebola avg. is about 50%]
- Feb 26, repeat of above statement
- Feb 26, “When you have 15 [cases in the United States], and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
- Feb 26, “This is a flu. This is like a flu.”
- Feb 26, “The flu in our country kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is, one is pretty sick, but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape.”
- Feb 26, “I don’t think it’s inevitable. It probably will. It possibly will. It could be at a very small level, or it could be at a larger level. Whatever happens, we’re totally prepared. [Note: CDC director said one day earlier “It’s not a question of if but rather a question of when and how many people in this country will have severe illness.”]
- Mar 2, “But the same vaccine could not work? You take a solid flu vaccine — you don’t think that would have an impact or much of an impact on corona?” [Note: more than two months into this crisis, Trump still has no clue what it is.]
- Mar 4, “I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number. Now, this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this.” [Note: This is trump completely misunderstanding applied statistical probability.]
- Mar 4, “I will say, though, the H1N1, that was swine flu, commonly referred to as swine flu. And that went from around April of ’09 to April of ’10, where there were 60 million cases of swine flu. And over — actually, it’s over 13,000. I think you might have said 17,000. I had heard it was 13,000, but a lot of deaths. And they didn’t do anything about it.” [Note: Obama’s handling was widely praised at the time as the right mix of action and no overreaction.]
- Mar 4, “The Obama administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing. And we undid that decision a few days ago so that the testing can take place in a much more accurate and rapid fashion. That was a decision we disagreed with. I don’t think we would have made it, but for some reason it was made. But we’ve undone that decision.” [Note: This is absolutely FALSE.]
- Mar 6, “I don’t want any deaths, right? But over the last long period of time, when people have the flu, you have an average of 36,000 people dying. I’ve never heard those numbers. I would — I would’ve been shocked. I would’ve said, ‘Does anybody die from the flu?’ I didn’t know people died from the flu — 36,000 people died.” [Note: Point #1-This means Trump is amazingly ignorant or lying. Point # 2, Trumps grandfather died in the first wave of the Spanish Flu. SO either his family never told him, or he’s lying, or he’s an idiot, or any combination of the above.]
- Mar 6, “Anybody that wants a test can get a test.” [Note: The day after these remarks, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said, “You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test.” Reports from across the country have documented the scarcity of tests.]
- Mar 10, Variation of above claim.
- Mar 9, “This blindsided the world. And I think we’ve handled it very, very well.” [Note: It was declared “public health emergency of international concern.” on January 30th. Trump is either uninformed or full of crap.]
- Mar 11, “I met with the leaders of health insurance industry, who have agreed to waive all co-payments for coronavirus treatments.” [Note: Apparently no one has informed Donald that as POTUS, he is not supposed to make things up. Oh, and the insurance companies did not say they would pay for treatment.]
- Mar 11, “And taking early intense action, we have seen dramatically fewer cases of the virus in the United States than are now present in Europe.” [Note: Horsecrap, Trumps intention based on his rhetoric was focused on reelection, his lack of action on testing allowed the numbers to appear lower than they were. It’s his fault. We showed fewer numbers simply because of the Trump administrations delays in getting testing done. And America is still nowhere close to South Korea, and he still false claims we are handling it better than anyone.]
- Mar 13, Trump repeated the above claim again.
- Mar 11, “This is the most aggressive and comprehensive effort to confront a foreign virus in modern history.” [Note: Horsecrap, Obama did a better job on managing epidemic spread during his presidency. Oh, and the Spanish Flu form 2017-18, that was believed to originate in in the United States]
- Mar 13, “I want to thank Google. Google is helping to develop a website. It’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past, to determine whether a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location.”[Note: ”He falsely claimed that “Google has 1,700 engineers working on this right now” and adding that “they’ve made tremendous progress.” [Note: This is another example of Trump stretching peoples perception of reality by using pieces of information and facts out of context.]
- Mar 13, “As you know, Europe was just designated as the hot spot right now, and we closed that border a while ago.” [Note: Not True. Two days prior, Trump announced a ‘limit’ on entry of foreign nationals who had been in the European Union’s free travel zone. Not including Britain, or the Republic of Ireland and 21 other European countries in Europe. AND, it did not take effect until midnight on the day of his news conference. Only on March 14, Trump extended the travel restrictions to the Britain and Ireland.]
- Dow Jones Industrial Average Fast Facts
- Trump and US officials downplayed coronavirus
- Tracking Trump’s false or misleading coronavirus claims
- Trump’s Dangerously Effective Coronavirus Propaganda
- 5 times Trump and US officials downplayed coronavirus as the administration struggled to prepare for the growing pandemic
- Trump and the ‘New Hoax’
- Trump: ‘Fake News Media,’ Democrats working to ‘inflame the CoronaVirus situation’
- The Trump administration’s botched coronavirus response, explained
- Trump attempts to blame Obama for coronavirus test kit shortage
- A Complete List of Trump’s Attempts to Play Down Coronavirus
Unite America with The Centrist Party
- The Centrist News invites you to consider joining the Centrist Party. We all need to work together to heal our nation and return balance in governance and common sense for our nation and the people.